Operation Christmas Child at Trinity!
Each year, Operation Christmas Child coordinates the shipping of Christmas gift boxes to needy children around the world. Many of these children have never received a gift before. Many of them have never heard about Jesus. Along with the gift box, the children also receive a Bible story book which shares the gospel message in their own language. They also receive the opportunity to attend a 12-lesson discipleship course for children at a local Christian church. Many children and their families become Christians through this outreach.
This year our goal is to ship 50 boxes as a church.
Here’s the plan:
- Check-out the suggested gift items on the Year-Round Gift Ideas. You don’t have to follow the monthly guide (although in August, for example, school supplies will be on sale!).
- Also please check out OCC’s helpful ideas where you’ll find great ideas on what to include and what NOT to include in your box.
- Remember to choose small items. A large stuffed animal, for example, may not fit in the shoebox, and even if it does, it will limit the number of other items we can include in the gift.
- Bring your items to church and place them in the collection bin in the foyer.
- On Sunday, November 19th, at 12:15 in the Fellowship Hall, we will have a “packing party” to pack our gift boxes.
- The following week, we will deliver them to the regional receiving center, and from there, they will be shipped overseas.
- We will request tracking for our boxes—last year, our 40 boxes were shipped to Cameroon!
We regularly inventory the items that we receive, so we’ll keep you posted if we get an abundance of anything and also if we are in need of any particular items. If you have any questions please email Jill: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ” Acts 20:35 (NLT)