I often get emails from a Lutheran based organization, Concordia Publishing House, with ideas and resources for Wee Disciples Preschool. Yesterday I got an email with suggested daily devotions for the month of March and April. I wanted to share this resource with everyone. The Daily Devotion Calendars are attached below.
At Wee Disciples Preschool for the 2 weeks prior to Easter, I focus our Bible Lessons on the Easter Story (the events that lead to Jesus Christ dying on the cross and the resurrection). You can read the Easter story using any Children’s Bible or Bible you have. I use a book by the Read and Share Bible brand entitled “The Story of Easter.” Here are the stories/lessons I typically present to the students.
1. Jesus rides like a King: Luke 19:28-38 or John 12:12-16
2. The First Lord’s Supper: Matthew 26:26-29, 1 Corinthians 11:23-25, Luke 22:18, Mark 14-25
3. Jesus Prays for help: Matthew 26:36-40, Mark 14:32-42, Luke 22:39-46 (when we have tough things ahead we also can pray and ask God for help)
4. Jesus is Arrested: Matthew 26:45-56, Luke 22:45-51, John 18:10-11
5. Pilate Questions Jesus: Luke 22:52-23:25
6. Jesus dies on a cross: Matthew 27:27-40, Mark 15:25-27 (It was a sad day when Jesus died on the cross)
7. A Dark Day: Matthew 27:45-54, Luke 23:44-49, Hebrews 9
8. Jesus is laid in a tomb: Luke 23:50-56, Matthew 27:62-66, John 19:38-42
9. A Big Surprise/Jesus is Alive: Matthew 28:1-10, Luke 24:9-12 (The Happy part of the Easter Story)
Our Bible words for the weeks prior to Easter: “Christ died for our sins, He was buried. He was raised on the third day.” 1 Corinthians 15:3-4
Director / Teacher
Wee Disciples Preschool