Dear Brothers and Sisters,
As COVID-19 restrictions gradually ease, we are thrilled at the prospects of dining out, shopping, getting a haircut…and going to church! And we are impatient to return to normal as quickly as possible. Even so, we are reminded daily that, at least for a time, the “new normal” will be much different than the old.
Ever since the beginning of the pandemic, the Ministry and Parish Councils have discussed – at great length – plans for gradually and responsibly returning to in-person worship services. These discussions are guided by God’s Word and informed by the most current information available from state government, public health agencies, the synod, and other sources. We are keenly aware of our responsibility to protect both the spiritual and physical health of every person at Trinity.
Per the latest state guidelines, we will resume modified, in-person worship services in the sanctuary, beginning on the weekend of June 27-28. All three services will be held at the regular times, Saturday at 5:30 and Sunday at 8:30 and 10:45. Please be aware that several restrictions will necessarily apply. It is very important that we abide by these guidelines as responsible citizens, for the health and safety of our worshipers, and for liability protection.
- Everyone must RSVP intent to attend using the online booking system or contacting Mike at the church office. Each individual requires a separate reservation so that we stay within allowable limits.
- The front doors to the church will not be used. Entry will be by the Preschool door, which will be opened 15 minutes prior to the beginning of the service. A sanitation station is placed inside the entry.
- Face masks must be worn inside the building.
- The drinking fountain will be closed.
- Restrooms will be open; one person at a time please.
- Worshipers will enter the sanctuary through the West door only.
- Social distancing of at least six (and preferably 10) feet between households must be maintained in the sanctuary. This will affect seating and communion procedure.
- Singing and group recitation will be limited.
- Worshipers will exit the sanctuary through the east door, then please exit the building promptly through the garden door.
- There will be no coffee fellowship between the Sunday services until further notice.
Obviously, this will be far different than the normal worship experience and will require significant adjustment from everyone. It will be up to each of us to decide when and under what conditions we feel comfortable returning to in-person worship. Services will continue to be live-streamed so that those who choose to wait can join remotely.
We humbly plead for your patience – and your prayers – as we tiptoe toward “normal” during this extraordinary time. Please keep love for, and the health and safety of, others at the heart of your decisions. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to contact Mike at the church office (367-8923).
Let us then give thanks and rejoice in the words of the Psalmist, “I was glad when they said to me, ‘Let us go into the house of the LORD.’” (Psalm 122:1, NKJV).
Blessings to All,
Pastor Shawn Boylan and the Ministry Council
Rick Winkel, President and Parish Council Chair
Kevin Donoho, Head Elder