Each year, Operation Christmas Child coordinates the shipping of Christmas gift boxes to needy children around the world. Many of these children have never received a gift before. Many of them have never heard about Jesus. Along with the gift box, the children also receive a Bible story book which shares the gospel message in their own language. They also receive the opportunity to attend a 12-lesson discipleship course for children at a local Christian church. Many children and their families become Christians through this outreach.
This year our goal is to ship 50 boxes as a church.
Here’s the plan:
- Check-out the suggested gift ideas at “What goes in my box?” This site is where you’ll find great ideas on what to include and what NOT to include in your box.
- We have example boxes at the display at church so you can get any idea of what will fit.
- Bring your items to church and place them in the collection bin in the foyer.
- On Sunday November 24th at 12:15, we’ll gather in the Fellowship Hall to have a “packing party.” There will also be lunch serve at the event.
- On Monday, we will deliver our boxes to the regional receiving center, and from there, they will be shipped overseas.
- We request tracking for our boxes. Last year, for example our 50 boxes went to Ghana!
We regularly inventory the items that we receive, so we’ll keep you posted if we get an abundance of anything and also if we are in need of any particular items. If you have any questions please email Jill: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ” Acts 20:35 (NLT)