The E100® is a through-the-Bible experience for individuals and groups. It’s a church-wide Bible reading program that enables people to get the big picture of the Bible without getting bogged down.
What is the E100 Challenge?
The E100 Bible Reading Challenge is built around 100 carefully selected short Bible passages – 50 from the Old Testament and 50 from the New Testament. The Bible reading program guides you through the 100 passages over a 20 week period and in the process develops a daily Bible reading habit.
Each reading is flexible enough for you to spend a minimal amount of time with the daily reading or an hour or so digging-in and making this a more profound experience. You control the amount of time you want to spend with each reading.
What Do I need to start the E100 Challenge?
First, find a Bible that’s easy for you to understand. Today there are many excellent versions to choose from, such as the New International Version (NIV), the English Standard Version (ESV), the New Century Version (NCV), the New Living Translation (NLT). Bibles have many features, like cross-references, differing cover materials, commentary, maps, etc., so if you’re unsure which one to get, ask Pastor Shawn.
Want the Word on your device? Millions of people use BibleApp® (YouVersion Bible) on their devices. It has No Ads and it’s free.
Most people find the best way to “take the Challenge” is to combine personal Bible reading with one or more resources.
- “Track your progress” punch out cards and Daily Planner are available at the E100 display in the narthex.
- You can also get a copy of the companion book, Essential 100, which has helpful commentary and questions on each reading. See the sign-up sheet in the narthex.
- For youth, there’s the E100 Youth Edition Study Guide in print that you can order.
- Scripture Union Australia has an excellent, free App available on Google Play. It includes the readings, companion book and tools that will help you track your progress as an individual or as a group. Go to: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.enabled.e100
- E100 Challenge Guide EBook (PDF) has 100 mini-studies for personal Bible reading and 20 sets of discussion questions for groups. This format enables you to integrate personal Bible reading with group discussion. Click here to download.
- E100 Challenge Youth EBook (PDF) is a similar guide that has been especially designed and written for youth! Click here to download.
- On Bible.com, you’ll find: bible.com/reading-plans/25-the-essential-100, which is a reading plan for individuals and groups that works with the YouVersion Bible app.